Tuesday, 21 May 2013
ACCUSED COP KILLER REMANDED - prosecution has tota... » TWENTY-SIX-YEAR-OLD Shaka Chase of 169 East Ruim...
Rise up against opposition stand on money launderi... » WITH six days left before Guyana comes up for revi...
Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51 -- includi... » Moore, Oklahoma (CNN) -- Rescue workers raced agai...
Ruling PPP/C leads APNU & AFC in popular support -... » AN opinion survey conducted by the North American ...
Lost Hope... The mystery of two sugar workers who ... » TODAY marks eight years since two sugar workers, M...
Forensic laboratory scheduled for June completion ... » THE Forensic Laboratory currently under constructi...
GPL will need $5B subvention in face of pay hike-D... » The Guyana Power and Light (GPL) will be placed in...
|Kudos to the police for capture of robbing gang|
|Wednesday, 13 June 2012 21:06|
I was lambasted for my remarks in an article carried in your papers on Tuesday June 12. As I write this article, my heart goes out to the police officers who put their lives on the frontline to defend the innocent and business citizens of this country.
I am then moved at the recent capture of the gang that robbed the money changer in American Street and as such I would be donating my month of June salary to the ranks involved in this professional and sober event and wish to commend them for their bravery and technique used to apprehend these sores of society. In the same breath I wish to exalt those slumbering to take note and try to improve at whatever level they may be lapsing.
I wish the patrol ranks well in their endeavours.
Guyana must be crime-free from top to bottom.
|Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 June 2012 21:28|
- Clearing up some obvious serious misconceptions as to the purpose, use and functions of the Lighthouse
- ‘Gay’ Guyanese speaks out
- Opposition antics are about gaining power by all means
- The leopard does not change its spots
- “Dis time na lang time”
- When will they ever learn?
- Another Chinese investment is being called into question
- Fair grading of paddy is of paramount importance
- Lest we forget, ‘every dog has his day’
- International experts on Guyana’s EU FLEGT process should apply caution
- Apology demanded from Kaieteur News for Kissoon’s vilifying article on Mahatma Gandhi
- The common thread is a lack of respect for people and life
- Carl Parker is hiding from the truth
- Such lawlessness must stop in Guyana
- Janette Bulkan is engaged in axe-grinding
- Another grizzly tale in the chapter of fear, intimidation
- Georgetown has been in a poor state a long time
- Women Miners Association lauded for dedication, human services
- Correcting Peeping Tom’s inaccuracies
- The harassment of Ms. Sooba should cease