Thursday, 20 June 2013
One dead, two critical - in Mabura trail mishap » THE police are investigating a fatal accident that...
Several opened mails found at home of Berbice pos... » POLICE in Berbice are investigating the discovery ...
At Berbice Assizes… Pharmacist accused of rape f... » AN ACCUSED rapist was freed also of indecent assau...
Protest outside Albion court as accused wife kille... » SOME friends and family members of Prabhudial Tara...
Two husbands treated differently in domestic abuse... » TWO separate domestic abuse cases were called befo...
Guyana, Rwanda share experiences to improve solid ... » AT the invitation of the United Nations Developmen...
New $16.1M high-tech DHB control system undergoes ... » THE new Programme Logic Control (PLC) System insta...
To ensure higher level of service… $158.4M Polic... » COMMANDER-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President ...
FAO recognises Guyana for meeting anti-hunger targ... » GUYANA is among 18 countries recognised at a speci...
|GTTA names strong contingent for Caribbean Pre-Cadet C/ships|
|Tuesday, 22 May 2012 21:37|
FOLLOWING the completion of their Annual Independence championships, the executive committee of the Guyana Table Tennis Association (GTTA) met and ratified a strong contingent of the brightest and most talented prospects young racquet wielders for the upcoming Junior Caribbean pre-cadet table tennis championships.
The championships is scheduled for July 20 - 26 in Jamaica and the players named will be undergoing pre-championship training under the watchful eye of Linden Johnson, Idi Lewis, Colin France Dwain Dick and Munniram Persaud, who will be accompanying the team as coaches.
The team reads:
Girls 11 and Under - Naveah Clarkston, Salinas Jackman, Abigail Martin and Simran Bissu
13 and Under - Jamaali Holder, Priscilla Greaves and Kristie Lopes.
Boys 11 and Under - Jeremy Singh, Tyriq Saunders, Khalil Ninvalle and K. Rauche with Niron Bissu as the standby player for this category
13 and Under - Elishaba Johnson, Kyle Edghill, Rajiv Muneshwar and Miguel Wong.
The team last won the regional honours in 2009 when the trio of Edghill, Johnson and Muneshwar won gold in the Boys 10 years and Under category and they are now eligible for the 13 years and Under category and should truly bring Guyana honours once again.
Added to that, Clarkston, Jackman, Martin and Simran Bissu should be contenders for medals in their respective categories, while the Girls 13 years and Under team with the likes of Homer, Lopes and Greaves have been making great improvements and will be very competitive.
The players have commenced training under a rigid and structured programme aimed at having them peak for this engagement and it is also the coaching panel’s plans to incorporate the senior players to assist the team with their preparation as a means of fast-tracking their improvement and development.
What has been commendable is that a group of parents of some of the players selected had commenced fund-raising activities in view of assisting the GTTA with raising the requisite finance for this engagement.
The GTTA is inviting the parents of players selected to a meeting which will be held at 18:00hrs today at the Cliff Anderson Sports Hall.
- TCL on board once again as 16th RHTYSC Cricket Academy launched
- GTM U-19 Inter-County - Competition set to resume tomorrow … ‘Young Tiger’ replaces Travis Persaud in Demerara lineup
- Ansa McAl completes inaugural STAG ‘Crown Your Community’ initiative ... hands over equipment to MSC in final phase
- West Indies A beat Sri lanka A in second T20 match
- Neymar strikes again as Brazil beat Mexico 2-0
- Sri Lanka to target India bowlers in today’s semi-final
- Costa Rica beat Panama to solidify qualifying spot
- Injury concerns force Blake to withdraw
- England ease into final as South Africa choke again
- GASA July Sprint meet set for July 5-7
- Guyana Cycling Federation acquires lap counter … but more needs to be done
- Chanderpaul out of Caribbean Premier League … Aussie batsman Luke Pomersbach in
- GTTA names squad for Caribbean Pre-Cadet tournament … C’ships set for Guyana in August 2013
- St Therese's Primary lift female football title
- New Silvercity and Linden Foundation secure wins … two more matches set for today
- President Cameron meets Grenada and SVG Prime Ministers
- St Francis donates Sport equipment to clubs in Rose Hall Town
- French footballers' underage prostitute trial adjourned to 2014
- Australia, Iran and S.Korea head for Brazil
- Thiago hat-trick leads Spain to Euro Under-21 crown