Tuesday, 18 June 2013
To ensure higher level of service… $158.4M Polic... » COMMANDER-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President ...
FAO recognises Guyana for meeting anti-hunger targ... » GUYANA is among 18 countries recognised at a speci...
State-of-the-art forensic lab to open soon - Rohee... » CONTRACTORS have requested one more week to finish...
Pomeroon farmers to export coconut water to Trinid... » COUNCILLOR of the Region 2 Regional Democratic Cou...
‘Terrorist’ Colin Jones convicted of Health M... » COLIN Jones, charged with the 2009 burning of the ...
Alleged woman beating… No place for rogue cops i... » THE Ministry of Home Affairs said, yesterday, that...
President Ramotar urges emulation of Enmore Martyr... » PRESIDENT Donald Ramotar yesterday called upon tho...
|Failing to observe faded sign costs traffic offender $10,000|
|Thursday, 12 April 2012 20:28|
LAST Tuesday, Vidal Davis (no address given) appeared before Sparendaam Magistrate Alex Moore charged with breaching a traffic signal on April 4 at Beterverwagting Public Road, East Coast Demerara, in that he stopped his vehicle in front of a ‘no stopping’ sign.
Davis explained to the court that he did not even notice the sign until the police officer had shown him. He even brought a picture of the sign into the courtroom to prove his point to Magistrate Moore.
The magistrate, however, rejected the man’s submission, pointing out that the sign was faded but not invisible; and fined Davis $10,000 for the offence.
- Man fined for abusing policeman, disorderly behaviour
- Larceny defendant with other charges pending refused bail
- Grievous bodily harm defendant granted self-bail
- Damage to property offender asks for 21 days but gets six months
- Man remanded over West Coast phone cards robbery with violence
- Chief Justice grants bail totalling $1.9M to 12 petitioners
- Phone snatcher fined $50,000
- Man charged with inciting Benschop to commit murder granted bail
- Around the Courts… Frequent flyer jailed, fined for cocaine
- Accused Corentyne wife strangler makes court appearance
- Police Sergeant Vishnu Hunt, ...
- Grievous bodily harm defendant remanded
- Man jailed & fined for trafficking marijuana
- Phagwah Day 2012 murder accused committed
- THE trial of murder accused Noel Adonis...
- Two murder cases called on first day of June Criminal Session
- Man gets four years for robbery and fleeing lawful custody
- Break and enter accused held with booty by police
- Lyng Street man accused of gold chain robbery in neighbourhood - VC says compelled to accept compensation
- Man remanded over 9mm ammo and cocaine in a box