Saturday, 25 May 2013
Deadline extension at Nicaragua meeting Guyana’s... » WITH the parliamentary Opposition MPs deliberately...
Minister Ali urges Florida private sector to capit... » MINISTER of Tourism, Industry and Commerce Irfaan ...
Culture Minister defends operations of Caribbean P... » WITH a public debate raging over the operations an...
Guyana to highlight mining opportunities at high l... » AUSTRALIA’S Senator Bob Carr, Minister for Forei...
Sheema Mangar murder… Mother compliments Rohee o... » RADICA Thakoor, mother of Sheema Mangar, complimen...
Hamilton Green petitions President Ramotar for ben... » CITY Mayor Hamilton Green, an executive member of ...
Money Laundering amendments - Gov’t will be exon... » IT IS now almost certain that international sancti...
Minister Ashni Singh underscores critical role of ... » “THE progress made in Guyana in strengthening th...
|IMC discharging time-bound remit - HPS|
|Thursday, 22 March 2012 21:59|
… Cabinet disgusted with WICB’s insistence to recognise discredited GCB
HEAD of the Presidential Secretariat, Dr Roger Luncheon at his weekly post-Cabinet media briefing at the Office of the President, on Wednesday, said that Interim Management Committee (IMC), which is solely responsible for cricket administration in Guyana, is successfully discharging its time-bound remit that essentially would see the emergence of a new, statutorily accountable body, the foundation of which is the new constitution.
The Administration has exacted a commitment from the IMC to conclude the formulation of the new constitution within three months. Thus far, consultations have been completed with all the regional affiliations.
He expressed Cabinet’s disgust at the persistence of the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB), to regard the “self-same discredited and dispossessed” Guyana Cricket Board (GCB) as the official representative of cricket administration in the country and with whom they would exclusively engage.
The WICB has maintained this stance notwithstanding the ruling of the court that essentially stripped this body of all authority, as well as the public disclosures that all the GCB’s money were transferred by its executives to a private company that they control.
This disclosure, the HPS said, rocked the stewardship of the GCB and led to its disgrace and downfall.
Minister of Culture, Youth and Sport, Dr Frank Anthony revealed the outcome of the discussions on this matter during the 23rd Inter-Sessional Meeting of CARICOM Heads, which referred the matter to the Prime Ministerial sub-Committee on cricket.
The IMC, which is being chaired by cricket veteran, Clive Lloyd, has already delivered on a draft constitution of a new Guyana Cricket Board of Control.
- Festival City shock Albouystown ‘B’ in Mackeson ‘Keep Your Five Alive’ … Sparta Boss keep five alive
- Guinness Brand Manager confident of Guyana winning regional title
- CPL announces Player Draft details
- Mumbai in IPL final after tense finish
- Rain washes out day one at Headingley
- UEFA Champions League final - Bayern Munich heavily favoured to beat Borussia Dortmund
- (Letter to the Sports Editor) - Cricket Administration in Demerara can be saved
- Banks DIH teams up with NSC for Independence Half-Marathon
- Webb’s first year in review at the helm of CONCACAF
- IOC sets September 1 deadline for India to hold elections
- Reggae Boyz hold Spurs to stalemate with Mexico clash in sight
- Chennai Super Kings top official arrested in Mumbai
- European soccer final adds new chapter to Adidas-Puma rivalry
- King says Independence half-marathon has potential to grow … calls for special race for 50th Anniversary
- ICC pulls umpire Rauf from Champions Trophy
- Five swimmers to compete in International meet in Barbados from today
- JCA president not seeking reelection
- Confident Ramdin says T20s won’t hamper Windies chances
- New security measures for Jamaica’s crucial home games
- Independence T20 Cup - COURTS (Guyana) Inc. and Universal Sports join the list of sponsors